In this post we’ll go through the basic steps to get VCOPs running with the vCloud Director Adapter, the vCloud instance in this example is running vCloud Director 1.5.
1 .Create an IP Pool and allocate 2 IP addresses, 1 for the UIM server 1 for the Analytics server
2. From the “Data Center” view select the IP Pools tab and click Add.
Name the IP Pool and define the IP Subnet Mask and Gateway
3. Enter DNS Details
4. Select the relevant Network and hit OK.
5. Deploy the OVA
6. Select small deployment
7. Select ‘Fixed’
8. Enter IP the addresses of the UIM and Analytics Virtual Machines and hit Next to finish the deployment.
9. Once the Deployment has completed you should see the VCOPS VAPP with 2 VMS.
10. Browse to the VCOPS Admin interface on UIM IP address https://10.255.224.28/admin/
Enter username = admin and password = admin to follow the initial set up wizard.
11. Enter vCenter Details
12. If using self-signed certs, click Yes to trust the vCenter Server certificate
13. Enter new admin and root passwords for both VMs. Default passwords are Admin/admin and root/vmware
14. Register your vCenter, leave Collector user and password blank.
15. If you need to import data follow this… https://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/vcops-pubs.html
Otherwise click Next.
16. If you are using linked vCenters, select the linked VC from the list, otherwise click Finish to complete the registration.
17. Once registration is complete the the VCOPS icon should appear in the solutions and Appplications view of the registered vCenter
Register the vCloud Adapter
18. Download the adapter installation PAK file anonymously from ftp://ftp.integrien.com
19. Save the PAK file on your desktop
20. Browse to the UIM server admin interface – https://10.255.224.28/admin/
21 . Go to the Update TAB and select the PAK file by browsing to your desktop
22. Hit Update and click OK to continue
23. The update will take several minutes to complete.
24. Log in to the Custom user interface as administrator. – https://10.255.224.28/vcops-custom
25. Browse to Admin>Support
26. On the Info tab, find the Adapters Info pane and click the Describe icon, highlighted in yellow on the screen grab below.
27. Select Yes to begin the describe process, it should take several minutes to complete.
28. The vCloud adapter should now appear in the Adapters Info window.
29. To create the adapter Instance – Go to Environment > Configuration > Adapter Instances
30. Select Add New Adapter Instance
31. Enter vCloud instance IP Address or FQDN
32. Add vCloud Director credential, Select Add
33. Add vCloud Director login Credentials and hit OK.
34. When you get back to the ‘Add adapter Instance’ page, select ‘Test’ to test the connection to vCloud Director, if the test is successful hit OK to complete the config. VCOPs will access the API so bare this in mind if you’ve got Firewalls or Load Balancers in front of your VCD cells.
35. That completes the installation of the vCloud Director adapter.
VCOPs will begin collecting DATA so you can go ahead and start creating some custom dashboards.